NCE Mathematics/Integrated Science; B Sc Mathematics Edu
M Sc Mathematics Education; PhD Mathematics Education
PhD, M STAN
36. Okigbo, E.C. and Okeke, S.O.C. (2014). Introducing science education: The Nigerian perspective. Oba Anambra State: Ifevic publishers (ISBN: 978-978-52021-6-8).
37. Okigbo, E.C. and Okekeokosisi, J.O.C. (2014). Nature and history of science. Awka: Fides Communications (ISBN: 978-978-8454-12-4).
1. Okigbo, E.C.; Ndu, F.O.C. and Okeke, S.O.C. (2006). Effect of project work on senior secondary students’ interest in geometry. Journal of Education in Developing Areas, 15(2), 112-121.
2. Okigbo, E.C. (2007). Teaching geometry using project work. Journal of Issues on Mathematics, 10(1), 61-66.
3. Okigbo, E.C. and Osuafor, A.M. (2008). Effect of using mathematics laboratory in teaching mathematics on the achievement of mathematics students. Educational Research and Review, 3(8), 257-261. Available at http://www.academicjournals.org/ERR.
4. Okigbo, E. C. and Agu, N.N. (2010). The effects of mathematical game and instructional analogy as advance organizers on students’ achievement in secondary school mathematics. African Journal of Educational Studies in Mathematics and Sciences, 8(20), 1-10.
5. Okigbo, E. C. and Okeke, M.N. (2010). The use of effective communication in enhancing the teaching and learning of school mathematics. International Research Journal, 1(10), 432-438. Available at http://www.interesjournals.org/ER
6. Okigbo, E. C. and Nwokolo, P.C. (2011). Perception of students and teachers on the classroom factors that influence mathematical thinking and reasoning in students. International Journal of Education, Science & Public Policy in Africa (IJESPPA), Bloomsburg, 1(1), 140- 148.
Available online at http://ijesppaonline.wordpress.com/ijesppa-volume-1-number-1/
7. Okigbo, E. C. and Okeke, S. O. C. (2011). Perceived difficulty in integrating educational objectives within the mathematics classroom: A comparison of beginner and experienced teachers. Educational Research and Review, 6(3), 292-298. Available at http://www.academicjournals.org/ERR.
8. Okigbo, E. C. and Etoniru, F. E. (2011). Effects of cooperative, competitive, and mixed
learning styles on students’ achievement in mathematics. African Journal of Interdisciplinary Studies, 4(2), 143- 148.
9. Okigbo, E. C. and Okeke, S. O. C. (2011). Effects of games and analogies on students’
interest in mathematics. Journal of Science Teachers Association of Nigeria (JSTAN), 46(1),
101-112. Available online at http://stanonline.org/journal/pdf/JSTAN.
10. Okigbo, E. C. and Nwoye, A. N. (2012). Meeting the personnel needs of Anambra State
Industrialists in Nigeria: A call for mathematics education reforms. African Journal of Teacher Education (AJOTE), 2(2), 1-8. Available at
11. Okigbo, E. C. and Ugwu, H.I. (2012). Effect of peer tutoring technique in enhancing achievement of junior secondary mathematics learners. Journal of Research in Curriculum and Teaching (JRCT), 6(1), 509- 517. Available at www.jrct.nigeria.com.
12. Osuafor, A. M. and Okigbo, E.C. (2013). Effect of differentiated instruction on the
academic achievement of Nigerian secondary school biology students. International
Research Journals, 4(7), 555-560. Available at http://www.interesjournals.org/ER
13. Okigbo, E.C. and Okoli, J.N. (2013). Use of internet facilities in learning among science education undergraduates in South Eastern Nigerian universities. Asian Journal of Education and e-learning, 1(4), 215-221. Available at wwwajouronline.com.
14. Okigbo, E. C. and Chukwuma, A.O. (2013). Meeting the educational needs of gifted science students by differentiating instruction. British Journal of Education, Society and Behavioral Science (BJESBS), 4(3), 392-402. Science Domain International. Available at www.sciencedomain.org.
15. Okigbo, E. C. and Okeke, N. F. (2013). Game and analogy: A bi-model for effective instruction in the Nigerian mathematics classroom. Universal Journal of Education and General Studies, 2(5), 175-179. Available at http://ww.universalresearchjournals.org/ujegs.
16. Okoli, J.N. and Okigbo, E.C (2013). Assessment of state of entrepreneurship Education for science and technology students in Nigerian Universities: Implications for self reliance. East African Journal of Educational Research and Policy, 8,137-156.
17. Okigbo, E. C. and Okeke, M.N. (2014). Effect of prior knowledge of career opportunities on students’ achievement and retention in mathematical concepts. Journal of Research in Curriculum and Teaching (JRCT), 8(1), 645- 654. Available at www.jrct.nigeria.com
18. Okigbo, E.C. and Okekeokosisi, J.O.C. (2016). Effectiveness of constructivist instructional model in enhancing secondary school students’ achievement in computer science. IJESPPA, 6, 1-9. Available at http://ijesppaonline.wordpress.com/ijesppa-volume-6-number-1/
19. Okigbo, E.C.; Okeke, N.F. and Mbakwe, A.B. (2016). Enhancing mathematics achievement of introverted and extroverted secondary school students through the use of advance organizers. Journal of Educational Research and Review (JERR), 4(3), 27- 32. Available at sciencewebpublishing.net/jerr/archive/2016...htm
20. Okigbo, E.C. and Okoli, J.N. (2016). Techniques use by Science Technology and Mathematics (STM) teachers for controlling undesirable classroom behaviours in Anambra State secondary schools. Educational Research and Review, 11(11), 1025-1034. Available at http://www.academicjournals.org/ERR.
21. Okekeokosisi, J.O.C.; Anaekwe, M. C. and Okigbo, E.C (2016). The relevance of ICT in teaching and learning as perceived by secondary school students in Anambra State. African
Journal of Education, Science and Technology, 3(2), 40-48.
22. Okeke, N. F.; Okigbo, E.C. and Okeke, C.S. (2017). Ascertaining the primary school teachers’ pedagogical knowledge in mathematics instruction for quality delivery: a step to repositioning education in Anambra State. Abacus: The Journal of the Mathematical Association of Nigeria, 42(2), 136 – 142.
23. Okwuduba E. N. and Okigbo, E.C. (2018). Effect of teaching methods on students’ academic performance in Chemistry in Nigeria: Meta-analytic review. Bulgarian Journal of Science and Education Policy, 12, 418-434. Available at http://bjsep.org/getfile.php?id=277.
24. Okigbo, E.C. and Igboegwu, Ekene N. (2018). Entrepreneurship development of secondary school students through acquisition of science process skills. Journal of the Nigerian Academy of Education, 14(1), 239 - 246.
25. Okekeokosisi, J.O.C. and Okigbo, E.C (2018). Undergraduate students’ perception on the methods of teaching computer programming in the South- south Nigerian federal universities. African Journal of Science, Technology and Mathematics Education (AJSTME), 4(1), 72-83.
26. Okigbo, E. C. and Okeke, N. F. (2018). Effects of student team achievement divisions and competitive learning (immediate reinforcement) strategies on achievement of secondary school students in trigonometry. JSTAN, 53, 38 - 53. Available at http://stanonline.org/journal/pdf/JSTAN.
27. Njoku, C. and Okigbo, E. C. (2019). Effect of Geo-TAN instructional software package on secondary school students’ achievement in geometry. Journal of CUDIMAC, 7(1), 68-81. Available at http://cudimac,unn,edu.ng.
28. Chiakwelu, A. B. and Okigbo, E. C. (2020). Effects of jigsaw, team-pair-solo and reciprocal teaching strategies on secondary school students’ achievement in mathematics in Onitsha Education Zone, IOSR Journal of Mathematics (IOSR-JM), 16(1), 50 - 59. Available at http://www.iosrournal.org
29. Chiakwelu, A. B. and Okigbo, E. C. (2020). Improving secondary school students’ self concept in mathematics through jigsaw, team pair solo and reciprocal teaching strategies, International Journal of Innovative Research and Advance Studies (IJRAS), 7(3), 52 - 61. Available at http://www.ijras.com
Nnamdi Azikiwe University, Awka, Nigeria